Mark Richards

XML

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

We Finally Won Again

Last night Team Bad Guy finally broke its 4-game losing streak with a hard fought 12-10 victory. This was the first time in a long time where we were able to hit the ball...and by we I mean everybody but me. With a record of 3 wins and 4 losses, there is still a chance to salvage the season and make it a success. Man did it feel good to get out of hole.

I am still struggling and went 0 for 4 at the plate though as I mentioned before. My last two at-bats were more promising because I made solid contact and did not pop the ball up which is a very good sign. I think my struggles began when I started taking golf lessons which require an upward swing...extremely bad for baseball/softball. I also seem to have reverted to the impatient batter I was during our first season. I find that I am way out in front of the ball, thus resulting in even more popups. Breaking out of a slump is very difficult when you are only taking three to five swings every week. Once in a bad rhythm, you must force your way out of it instead of practicing your way out of it. Does that make sense? It does to me. Normally this slump would frustrate me to no end, but since we got murdered the past four games there is only so much personal blame I can place on myself. And since we won last night despite my poor showing, I can live with 0 for 4.

Let's get a new streak going fellas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home