Mark Richards

XML

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Motor Vehicle Stupidity

A couple of years ago, I saw what I thought to be the strangest thing I had ever seen while driving. Last night, I may have topped that with something so pointless that it makes Seinfeld look like a dramatic, plot-driven masterpiece.

I was driving home from the gym and got caught at a red light right before turning onto my block. Sarah and I were chatting it up about the usual topics like our post-workout evaluation (we study each other's bulging muscles...just kidding). The light turned green and as I started to move forward, I saw what officially is the stupidest shit I have ever seen: a taxi cab with spinners.

If you don't know what spinners are, allow me to show you:





When a vehicle comes to a stop, subsequently the wheels stop (obvious, yes I know). With spinners, the same is true except that there is a piece inside of the wheel that continues in motion in a nauseating fashion. It's both eye catching and distracting, not to mention pointless.

As I was saying, I started turning the corner and the spinners on the taxi cab caught my eye. I pointed at the cab in shock to show Sarah and almost ran off the road. Not only was it a taxi cab with spinners, but it was a grey and blue minivan taxi cab with spinners. Nothing says pimpin' like a soccer-mom-mobile with flashy ghetto wheels. I'm sure when I make my stop in the hood to pickup a few grams, being in a cab with spinners will give me enough street cred to keep people from messing with me.

Needless to say that I have yet to come up with a rational reason for putting spinners on a cab, let alone on any car at all. Apparently the owners of these cars didn't come equipped with the rationale needed to see how worthless these things are. Not to mention that I'm sure that the wheels are worth more than some of the cars that you see them on. Get your freaking priorities in order.

Just plain stupid.

1 Comments:

  • I like the hubcap version of the spinner. Think they would look real sweet on my Accord, yo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home