Mark Richards

XML

Friday, May 26, 2006

Mad Props to Evite

A couple of days ago I was having an annoying issue with Evite. I don't ever recall having a problem with the site and I've always viewed it favorably. This problem angered me greatly though. Luckily, the people at Evite were able to quell my ill feelings rather quickly with excellent customer service.

Sarah and I decided to have a Memorial Day pool party and, as always, we created an Evite. We used her account to generate the invitation. I like to be added as a guest to my own parties so I can see who's coming and make a witty response. Sarah and I tried and tried to add me, but the system just would not have it. No matter what we did, or how many times we tried it, nothing worked.

After a day of dealing with this crap, I became so frustrated and wanted to pull my hair out. Instead of hurting my wonderful head or hair, I thought I'd try emailing Evite customer support. I sent them a message explaining the situation. The email was sent at 8:45pm. At 8:49pm the same night, I received a response saying that my issued had been resolved. Sure enough, I went to check my account and there it was: the Memorial Day pool party invitation.

Normally I would get on here and tell everybody why the site sucked, but I cannot do that in this case. 4 minutes to fix my problem?! Are you freakin' kidding me?! How can I possibly say anything bad about Evite, their system, or their services? If I could, I'd buy stock in them at this point.

Let me throw out this scenario. Imagine a world in which all customer service departments responded one-tenth as quickly and as accurately as Evite. Do you know how delighted the entire population would be? Or how much productivity would be gained by users? Or how much better your company would be viewed? In striking contrast, when my printer broke and I had to contact Epson customer service, they were slow, unhelpful, and wanted to charge me for phone support. Needless to say, I dumped Epson for HP.

Mad props to Evite.

2 Comments:

  • Are you kidding me? I love it.
    -Plunkett

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 PM  

  • Not only great customer service, but great customer service on a FREE product!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home