Mark Richards

XML

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

My new toy

I have finally done it! I bought the big screen TV that I've been talking about getting for years! Here's "our" story.

Over the past few days, I had been researching the Toshiba 50H82 on the internet. The set is a 50 inch widescreen TV with high definition compatibility at a reasonable price. It was everything I could ever desire in a TV. I had faith in Toshiba because both my uncle and cousin recently bought big screen televisions from Toshiba and had good experiences with them. It was my dream to some day have a great experience with a TV and maybe I would be lucky enough to have it with a TV the caliber of the Toshiba 50H82.

So I walked into Best Buy on Sunday to purchase a DVD and begin looking at the various big screen televisions they had on display. As I scanned the TV's, this one particular TV caught my eye. It was not too big, the picture was incredible, and it happened to be made by Toshiba. Coincidence? Or fate? I asked the salesperson how much it cost and he told me that it just went back up to $1799 after being at $1599 last week. Bad lack. Then he told me that he would sell me the television for last week's price of $1599. Oh no! Would I be able to pass on an opportunity like this? I re-examined the TV and saw that the model I was looking at was the same model that I had been researching. This was it! This was my chance to be united with "my love" for the experience of a lifetime! But I was ready to jump into this. What was I going to do?

I needed support from my family. My nerves were getting to me. I called my mom and uncle for advice and support and they told me that if I truly wanted this, then I should not let anything get in the way. I had to discuss this with my girlfriend as well, whom would have to live with the both of us. She told me to follow my heart, so I did. I decided to take the chance and make the purchase.

Now, when my girlfriend and I move into our new apartment, we will be joined by another: my 50 inch widescreen Toshiba television. I love the way my home theater is shaping up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home