Mark Richards

XML

Monday, July 07, 2003

My 4th

Let me tell you, I needed this long weekend. Having the day off, being able to sleep late, and getting to do some fun stuff was all great for my personal morale. Much of the weekend was quiet though, which is a good thing. I was able to stay in and relax and get ready for my girlfriend, Sarah, to move down later this week.

Friday was the 4th of July and I went over to Mollie's (Alicia's friend, and becoming my friend) place for a cookout and pool party. It is always nice getting to party with a few different faces, not that there is anything wrong with the people I hang out with most of the time! I had a good time with the exception of losing a contact and cutting my side on the latch to a chain-link fence.

After the novelty of the pool and sun wore off, we got dressed and went to Jennifer's (friend of the girls, which makes her a friend of a friend to me) place for some more congregating and to watch fireworks from her roof. Her place was incredible though. She has a really nice, large, and modern-looking loft in downtown Atlanta. It easily cost as much as some houses that you find down here. As I said before, we went up to the roof to watch fireworks, but it was even cooler than it sounds because the roof overlooked a portion of the city and we were able to see four or five different firework shows, including the one after the Braves game at Turner field.

All in all it was a fun day and night, but I did leave out one minor detail...

During the day, I received a phone call from Sarah. She told me that she had exciting news for me on the River Edge home front. The possibilities ran through my mind. Did some couple break up? Did someone get fired? Get a new job? Pregnant? So she proceeds to tell me the news that my high school friend Mike got engaged. Honestly, I was a little shocked and I'm not exactly sure why. I think it had something to do with the fact that I am at the age where some of my high school friends are getting engaged and that since I am in a serious relationship, I may not be too far away from the same thing. But that's neither here nor there. I am really excited for Mike and Regina. Due to the fact that I have been down in the ATL while her and Mike have been up in the New Jersey/New York/Connecticut area, I have not had a great deal of time to get to know her. From the few times that I have had a chance to spend time with her, I do know that she is really sweet, nice, attractive, and from what I can tell, a good honest person, which makes her perfect for a friend of mine. I also know that her and Mike get along great so I couldn't be happier for the both of them.

Best of luck to the both of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home