Mark Richards

XML

Friday, June 27, 2003

Adios Telemarketers

I find telemarketers to be so annoying. I must get at least three to four calls a day from people wanting to give me "free" vacations, sell me satellite television systems, remove trees from my yard (which is difficult considering I live on the third floor of an apartment complex), and other things of that nature. But no more!

Today President Bush launched a new service where telemarketers will be punished for unwanted calls. This National Do-Not-Call list will take effect October 1. More information is available on MSNBC's website, but all you need to do to reduce the number of telemarketers by 80% is visit the website, give the number to protect, and a valid email address. And BAM! No more telemarketers.

I cannot wait until they start enforcing this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home