Mark Richards

XML

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I own a PS3....for now

Last week I walked into Best Buy with the flu and walked out with a PS3.

About a week ago, I came down with the flu and it put me out of commission for a few days. Although I didn't go into work, I had some things to take care of from home. I had recently tried installing an Apple Airport Express (which I later returned) and it completely messed up my ability to connect to my home network wirelessly. Begrudgingly I got off the couch and went to Best Buy in search of a new wireless router. I found what I was looking for within a matter of minutes and hopped in the checkout line so that I could get home as quickly as possible. I start talking to the checkout guy and I hear a small commotion behind me. I turn around people are all excited as they are paying for their newly acquired PlayStation 3's. I asked if there are any left and they said that there was only one (they were delivered 8 units a few minutes earlier), so I grabbed it and took it home with me for the low, low price of $650.

Now that I own a PS3, I am trying to decide what to do with it: keep it or sell it. In previous months, I did say that I would like to get a PS3, but I didn't realize that it would cost so much. Not only did it cost a small fortune, but it came with no games and only 1 controller. Seeing as funds are tight around the holidays, I am leaning towards selling it, but only if I can make a small profit through eBay or craigslist.

We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home