Mark Richards

XML

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Back To Work

Going back to work after a few days off stinks. I am tired and counting the days until my next time off which is about three weeks away.

I had a good time hanging out with my high school friends back in New Jersey. I do not get much of a chance to see them, but I always feel like I hit the ground running whenever I come around. Obviously, I am out of the loop on some stuff, but that does not really bother me.

Speaking of out of the loop, my friend Blake has been dating this girl, Katie, from work for a while now, but I have never had a chance to meet her. I had heard a lot of good things about her, but that just was not going to do. She needed my stamp of approval considering Blake's jaded dating history. So one night we decided to go bowling and Blake decided to bring her along. She and I had the chance to talk for a little while...nothing of much substance, but more of a "getting to know you" conversation. I was very impressed to be totally honest. I thought she was sweet, funny, attractive, and all-around cool....I do not know what she is doing with Blake?! Not like my opinion means much of anything, but I do approve. Hopefully he will not screw this up like he has in the past.

This Thanksgiving was a little different than what I am used to. Usually, my parents and I have our Thanksgiving at home with just the three of us. Mom spends all morning and all day cooking up a storm while Dad and I sit around and have a relatively uneventful day. But now that Sarah and I are living together, her family thought it would be appropriate to do the joint Thanksgiving thing. I did not have a problem with this because our gatherings are so small, and for Mom to have to spend hours and hours cooking for three people seemed like overkill. To be honest, I was not even slightly nervous about having Thanksgiving with Sarah's family. I have met many of them over the years and had the chance to get to get to know them as well. What did make me a little nervous was what this meant for Sarah and I. Having Thanksgiving together was a big step for our relationship, which is not a bad thing....just something to think about.

All in all, my trip back to New Jersey was rather good. I am happy things went so well and I cannot wait to get back again in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home