Mark Richards

XML

Thursday, October 07, 2004

It's About Freakin' Time

MTV has finally removed its head from its ass. After years of watching cities that nobody really wanted to see like Paris and Philadelphia, MTV is bringing "The Real World" to Atlanta.

First off, I am biased because I currently live in Atlanta. I can admit that. But I have seen many of the great cities in this country and across the world in my 25-plus years, and I think Atlanta can hold a candle to almost any of them...especially in the manner in which MTV is looking for. I love Atlanta for all of its history, its people, its entertainment, its dining, its party scene...I could go on for hours. Atlanta is a great place to live (if you can survive the suburban sprawl), and I am excited that the rest of the world will finally get a chance to see what the city has to offer.

My source: Q100 radio. According to the morning show, they were at a casting call event (I think) here in Atlanta last night, and the "Real World" producers were attending as well. The producers said that the show's 16th season will be taking place in Atlanta, that the cast has almost been finalized, and that the living space has not be officially selected yet, but they are looking for a loft possibly in Midtown. The show is set to begin taping this winter and will air some time in the first half of 2005.

My message to the MTV family: "Welcome To Atlanta".

6 Comments:

  • I can't wait for the episode where they go to the Cleremont and meet BLONDIE!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 PM  

  • i cant wait i thought it is going to be on west paces.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

  • I hear that the new Real World House is being re-modled right on a marta train stop in midtown. its an olf fire dept. & I drove by it is currently under construction. It Is In Midtown & I Hear taping Is To Start Jan 1?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 PM  

  • I also heard from an inside source who sold (leased) the house that it was going to be on west paces ferry road.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

  • As you may already know the The Real World 16 is filming in Austin Texas. Taping is rumored to be over at the end of May. Casting for the 17th season is underway and taping is to begin mid-June and last through the fall. Airing sometime in early 2006. Atlanta still is highly rumored according to various sources. what is interesting is The Real World never holds open casting calls in the city where they film that particular season. Atlanta is not scheduled for open casting for the 17th season. The fire house on North Avenue is suppose to be a pub/bat called "The Spotted Dog," which was to be opened this spring. But I find it interesting that the bar which was to be open by now is still under construction. Anyone else have any info on the house on West Paces Ferry?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

  • I have friend who works for MTV and she told me that Atlanta will hold the next season after Austin. Taping is to begin in the summer. The show will air in 2006.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home