Mark Richards

XML

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Opening Day Victory!

Last night was "Opening Day" for Team Bad Guy. After a .500 season last year, we took the field looking to build upon our now solid foundation. It was not the prettiest game ever, but we came out on top winning 20-16. We has some difficulty adjusting to the strong winds, key players not at the game, and the addition of new players to the roster, but our 17 run second inning helped to ease the pain. It will be very difficult to look back and judge our team based on this one game due to the abnormal conditions, but it certainly does not hurt starting off the season with a win.

As far as personal stats go, I was 3 for 3 with a walk, 1 RBI, and 2 runs scored...an excellent way to start the season. During the pre-season scrimmages, my batting left something to be desired. I was only getting a few swings a game and was not able to correct some of the issues I was having. After speaking with my father and Handsome Brian about what possible changes to make, I made a few adjustments and in turn my results improved.

Go Team Bad Guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home