Mark Richards

XML

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I Am Such A Good Jew

I went to Shabbat services this past Friday for the first time...ever (or maybe in the last twenty years). I was dragged kicking and screaming to services and a young professionals dinner afterwards by Sarah because she wanted us to spend time with the Rabbi who is going to perform our wedding ceremony. I understood why, but it was definitely not on the top of my list of things to do on a Friday night.

When I went into the services I was grumpy. When I left, I felt better. Maybe it had something to do with feeling like a better Jew. Maybe it had something to do with the services being much more upbeat than I expected and pleasant to attend in general. Maybe it had something to do with feeling good about being able to pray for a Cubs World Series win. Whatever the reason was, I felt better.

The dinner was not that bad either. Met some nice people, ate some delicious food, and got to spend a little time with the Rabbi. Spending time with Jews was pretty cool and I definitely need to eat Jewish food more often. Yummy!

All in all, it was a good Jewish night despite my fears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home