Mark Richards

XML

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Bad Luck With Hard Drives

The PGA Championship is finally over and now I can get on with my life.

For an endless number of hours this weekend, I was stuck inside my apartment watching golf on TV and watching golf scores on my computer. All this golf was giving me a headache, so I had to turn my attention to something else. I thought that watching some episodes of "Buffy" for a few hours would clear my mind of everything golf for the moment...enough to survive the weekend at least. I tune my Comcast DVR to Monday's episode and the picture was all scrambled and the hard drive seemed to be doing more "spinning" than usual. I went to check the other shows I had recorded and they were all the same way. I called up Comcast and they sent someone over to take a look at it and said that it must be a bad hard drive. I found this particularly frustrating since I believe the problem began after they downloaded new software to the box earlier in the week. They swapped my DVR out with a new one and I lost all my previously recorded content. That sucked! Unfortunately, that sent me back to golf.

Over the past few months, I seem to have had extraordinarily bad luck with computer hard drives. Two months ago it was my laptop, last week my secondary hard drive on my PC went bad, and finally, the DVR this past weekend. What an I doing wrong?

1 Comments:

  • An electromagnetic field created by your dance dance revolution kit is corrupting your data.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home