Mark Richards

XML

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And the Emmy goes to...

ME! ...hopefully.

I actually found out that the application that I wrote last year with a buddy of mine, PGA.com Pipeline, has been nominated and is a finalist for an Emmy. The category is (take a deep breath) "Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Best Use of 'On Demand' (Consumer Scheduled or Programmed) Technology Over Broadband Networks For Active 'lean-forward' Viewing (PC)". Turner Sports has won an Emmy in the past so I'd like to think that gives us some sort of leg up.

Here are the nominees:

- Denver’s Favorite Animal: Grey Worldwide
- PGA.com Pipeline: Turner Sports
- Disney.com XD: Walt Disney Internet Group
- MLB Mosaic: Ensequence

The cool thing that I've been told is that only four names can be submitted with the award submission and my name was one of them. The others are the guy in charge of Turner Sports, the content programmer, and the producer, so I'm in good company. I don't know if that means that I get an actual Emmy for myself, but I think I've heard that I do. How awesome would it be to have an Emmy sitting on my mantel!?

The winner will be announced on January 7th, so I'll have to wait and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed!

3 Comments:

  • awesome! if you win can i touch it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

  • Define "it"...

    By Blogger Mark, at 8:07 PM  

  • Good luck. That Denver's Favorite Animal campaign was pretty amazing. I'm from Denver, and it was for Frontier airlines, a very popular ad campaign with great nontraditional elements.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home