Mark Richards

XML

Monday, January 07, 2008

Live from Vegas

I'm sitting here in my room at The Venetian minutes away from leaving for the Emmy Awards for Technology and Engineering. I have to say that I'm going through so many emotions right now. I'm part nervous, part excited, part relaxed, and part ready to get this over with. I don't really know what to think except that I can't wait for the moment where they announce the winner.

A few weeks ago, I was told by a few of the managers at work that should we win, I will be giving the acceptance speech since I've been so close to PGA.com Pipeline for a couple of years now. I feel honored that they would want me to do such a thing except that it's making me nervous as shit right now. I'm not a huge fan of giving speeches, but this is a little different since if I have to give it, it means that I just won an Emmy. I think at that point my excitement will overcome my nervousness.

I have to go down now, but if anyone has any desire to watch live online, here's the link to do so:

http://www.tvworldwide.com/events/emmys/080107/

Whatever will happen, will happen.

Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • well, we just looked at the results. sorry about not winning. still an awesome achievement. congratulations, sir.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 AM  

  • Thanks, Brian. I'm a loser. I suck. :-(

    By Blogger Mark, at 11:02 PM  

  • Quite impressive man! I was hoping to see Buzz Aldrin pass the hardware to you, but outstanding nonetheless. You're such a celeb!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home