Mark Richards

XML

Monday, March 10, 2008

Unfortunate Photo Fame

I received an email from a guy last night who is one of the major contributors to the Natalee Halloway article on Wikipedia. He requested that I change the license for a photo that I took while on my honeymoon in Aruba so that it could be added to the Wikipedia entry.

As the story goes, Sarah and I were on our honeymoon in Aruba 2 days after Natalee Halloway went missing. During our stay we had the unenviable pleasure of receiving the now-famous missing girl flier, passing the club where she was last seen, and seeing the search party while out and about on the island. The search party photo is the one that was requested for the article. It was taken by California Lighthouse about 3 days after her disappearance.

I wish that my first photo to be used on Wikipedia wasn't on such a crappy topic. I'm glad that I can contribute a little something to such a famous story, but something slightly happier would have been better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home