Mark Richards

XML

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Excuses, excuses

I've been very busy as of late and haven't had much time to post updates. I could write for hours on everything I that's been going on, but then again, I don't want to do that...nor do you want to read that. I'll try and give summary though.

Last Thursday night, I attended a concert for my favorite band, Dezeray's Hammer, at Smith's Olde Bar. As always, they put on a great show. About two years ago, these guys were signed by the "SONY/Edel" label, but unfortunate funding issues caused the record label to cease its operations shortly after. These guys are not your run of the mill local band, so if you get a chance to see these guys, you should because they are definitely worth it.

The next evening, my girlfriend flew into town from New Jersey to attend a teaching job fair on Saturday. Hundreds of teachers and administrators showed up to interview with dozens of schools spanning all grades. I don't know much about the process, but she said that she was able to squeeze in about eight interviews, some of which went better than others, but overall things went well.

The rest of Saturday was rather interesting to say the least. It was my birthday and thirty of my closest friends came out to join in the festivities of mine and my friend Brian's birthday. I know I had a great time and I really appreciate everybody coming out and having a good time. I would give more of a recap, but honestly, I don't remember much of the night after about 11:30PM....and we stayed out until 4AM! I'd also post the link to some of the pics from the night, but they are far to embarrassing and incriminating. Maybe I'll share some of the stories at a later time.

Sunday started off slow. My girlfriend and I wanted to start looking at apartments, but I was feeling very rough after the previous night's drinking binge. By the time she was able to pry me out of bed, the day was already half over. I can summarize the job search in about three words: blah, blah, blah. Almost every place we visited was the same: swimming pool, workout facilities, decent apartments, etc. All of the apartments were the same, except for Windsor At Lenox Park. When Sarah and I left this place, we were like "Wow! How are the other places going to even compete with this one?" And guess what...none of them did. Windsor had everything we could possibly want and a whole lot more. It's kind of on the pricey side, but we felt that the bonuses far outweighed the extra money we would spend.

So, the extended weekend was a blast. I don't think things could have gone better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home