Mark Richards

XML

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Book Review: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

I finished the second Harry Potter book this past weekend and had to go out and purchase the third book in the series. I have now completed books 1, 2, and 5. I am not sure if I have been jaded by watching the movies prior to reading the book, but I feel that the movie was much better than the book. The book seemed to lack the detail and thoroughness that the movie had. If the writers and producers had followed the book to the letter, the scene in the Chamber of Secrets at the end of the movie would have been about two minutes long and very uninteresting. It is my opinion (since I have already read the fifth book in the series) that J.K. Rowling has become a much better writer over the course of the series. This may seem obviously, but as the adventure has progressed, each book has gotten longer thus providing more details and vivid images along with a more in-depth plot. I know that longer does not always mean better, but I believe it does in this case.

On to book 3: Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home