Mark Richards

XML

Thursday, August 14, 2003

Blast From the Past

I was surfing my usual websites in an attempt lower my productivity, and came across an article on the top 10 biggest box office failures. Normally, I would not really care about rankings like these, but I was highly offended by one of the movies that made the list: #10 - "Howard The Duck".

"Howard The Duck" was one of my favorite movies growing up (which may explain why I turned out the way I did). I had it on VHS, which I taped off of some movie channel like HBO and watched it all the time. It was a childhood favorite of mine. But honestly, when you combine the talents of cast that includes Lea Thompson, Tim Robbins, and Jeffrey Jones (the principal from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"), is it really possible to have that bad of a movie? Well, I was flipping through the guide last month, ran across "Howard The Duck" on some random station, and turned it on because it brought back some memories. To my disappointment, I could not stand watching for too long. It was terrible! What was I thinking?! How could my parents let me watch such utter crap?! Oh well...I guess it just goes to show you that children are not the best judges of movie quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home