Mark Richards

XML

Thursday, December 18, 2003

All I Wanted To Do...

All I wanted to do last night was go see The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I did get to see the movie, but not before some jackass chick decided to hit my car.

I was driving around in the parking lot looking for an open space when the person in front of me stops short. We were not moving very fast so I was able to stop a good distance behind her. She had missed the turn for the row that she wanted to go down and after she stopped, she says that she looked in her rear-view mirror, did not see anything, threw the car into reverse, and hit me. She was driving a mid-size truck with a square steel extension on the back in the place where you would attach a hitch. The piece of steel punctured my front bumper, not that badly but definitely noticeable. And there was obviously no damage to her company-owned truck. I think I am rather lucky though that the steel was there because the truck was raised up pretty high and the piece hung low. Had it not been there, I think she would have gotten over my front bumper and damaged the hood and then possibly the engine. Either way I was not happy to say the least. I took her insurance information so that I could put in a claim when I got home and then proceeded on to the movie.

On a less important note, the final chapter of The Lord of the Rings trilogy lived up to the hype. I thought it was quite exciting and very well done. I will have to see it another time before I can make a final judgment due to the fact that I was so annoyed about being hit. It was very difficult to stay focused throughout the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home