Mark Richards

XML

Monday, December 15, 2003

Bad Weekend

I wish my weekend was little a more productive, but the flu put a damper on any plans I might have had. My weekend events consisted of a lot of movie watching, book reading, and virtually no eating. The only time I went out the entire weekend was to go holiday shopping on Sunday for a few hours. I knew if I did not, I would be in trouble having purchased no gifts as of yet. At first, forcing myself to do this seemed like a good idea, but in retrospect, may not have been due to the fact that I had to stop shopping abruptly to come home because I felt so sick. What an unproductive weekend.

There was one benefit I received from my illness and that was being able to complete yet another Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This book may be my favorite thus far. All sorts of information, twists, and turns to the storyline are provided which adds so much excitement and speculation. I have now completed all five books in the series and know the entire story to date. My plan is to continue on though and re-read the fifth book to see how much more sense it makes. Then, I will probably read the third book again before the movie comes out in June 2004.

Ok...let me lay it down for you as honestly as possible....I think I have a mildly unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter. I am not a big reader. I never have been and do not foresee myself ever being one. But now that I have begun reading these books, I am having a difficult time stopping. I have read more pages of Harry Potter possibly than the sum of all the pages from all the rest of the books I have read in my life combined! Whenever the movie is on, I will watch it. If I find the movie on in the morning on a weekend, I will search through the menu and "remind" all the times that it can be found in that day. I was also almost Harry Potter for Halloween. Does any of this make me weird? If this continues, I may need to seek help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home