Mark Richards

XML

Thursday, February 05, 2004

My Diet

When I started working out the second week of January I weighed approximately 184 pounds. After a month of watching what I eat and working out five days a week, I have lost six pounds and am down to 178 pounds...only eight pounds away from my goal! I finally broke through my plateau weight of 180 pounds on Tuesday, and I did it by moving away from Slim-Fast and maoving to a low carb diet along the lines of the Atkins and South Beach diets.

A couple of weeks ago Sarah was watching Dr. Phil when the topic of breaking through your weight plateau arose. This has been an issue for me and I was willing to listen to any advice because I had not been able to crack 180 pounds no matter what I tried. She said that the advice was to throw a wrench into what you are doing by changing your diet, changing your workout, or making a lifestyle change. That is what has driven me to reduce my intake of carbs. So, for the past three days I have eliminated the majority of the carbohydrates from my diet, and low and behold, I have lost three pounds! While I am pleased with the results thus far, I am not a convinced that removing anything completely from your diet is healthy. I am going to stick with it for a few more days and make a decision from there. It cannot hurt to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home