Mark Richards

XML

Monday, January 12, 2004

Six Months

I cannot believe that it has been six months since Sarah and I moved in together. We have gone through a lot during these months, both good and bad, and we have yet to kill each other surprisingly enough. When I say both good and bad I mean mostly good and an occasional bad. You cannot have a healthy relationship with some conflict though.

Prior to our move-in, I did not foresee things working out as well as they have. To be honest, I thought that I would wish for my own space at times. I was slightly afraid of always having my girlfriend around....THE HOOOOOOORN! (Sorry...joke from one of my favorite TV shows) But to my surprise, I have never felt smothered or bothered by her presence (I know that sounds bad, but hear me out). Actually, the more time we spend together the better our relationship gets. We are always laughing and talking and having a good time. I really like having her around despite what I tell my guy friends when I try to play it off. When Sarah and I had a long distance relationship, we used to go through stints of three to four months at a time without seeing each other. Now, I see her every day and when I do not, it truly sucks and I wonder how we ever made it through such long periods of being away from each other. It is all rather sappy, but it is very true, which says something about our relationship if you ask me.

Hopefully, the next six months will be as excellent as the first six.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home