Mark Richards

XML

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ducky Does It!

Over the weekend, my good friend, Adam "Ducky" Howitt proposed to his girlfriend of two years, Melissa. From her smile in the pictures, it appears that she accepted and is happy about it! Crazy girl.

I met Adam over three years ago here in Atlanta. We both did programming for a crappy pool chemical company, where Brian still works. During our friendship, I have seen Adam with his fair share of women and heard stories about past experiences. He has been down this road before, but this time is going to be different. Melissa is different than the others. And, honestly, Adam is different as well.

How is Melissa different? Well, Melissa kicks ass. She is such a cool gal and one of the sweetest people I have met since living in Atlanta. Rarely, if ever, will you see Melissa without a smile on her face. I like people like that because they make me happy. Adam needs a happy, outgoing person because he is the same way. Not only is she happy, a great person, and attractive (did I mention that yet?), she is smart! Melissa is currently going to law school in Chicago where they both now live. An intelligent, attractive, happy, good person? Where do I find myself one of those?! Oh wait! I already did. (That should earn me some extra brownie points)

How is Adam different? I am not sure if I can point to specifics, but he is. Whenever he talks about her or is with her, he seems happier. That is more than enough for me. I could go on and make more gushingly cheesy comments about them both, but I think I will stop myself before I get too sappy. I will try and save all my sappiness for my wedding in a couple of weeks.

I have always liked Adam and Melissa both individually and as a couple. They will have a great marriage and be happy for a long time. And if they do not, I will personally beat Adam's ass because it will probably be his fault!

Congrats and best of luck to Adam and Melissa!

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for reminding me of work.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:34 PM  

  • Thanks for the kind words, Mark. You and Sarah have set a high standard--I only hope that we'll continue to be as happy as the two of you are. Can't wait for the wedding!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home